fredag 15 juni 2012

Week 24 - Lenormand cards

(För svenska klicka här.)

I got very curious when I first heard of Lenormand.  I had never heard of this particular divination cards before and thus neither of Marie Anne Lenormand. I got so fascinated by these cards that were made after her death.

Marie Anne Adelaide Lenormand (1772-1843) was a French seer and author working in Paris for more than 40 years. She was famous during her active time and Empress Josephine was one of her regular custumers. Lenormand used tarot cards in her readings and she's said to have made a fortune.


Mlle Lenormand

I found a lenormand deck in an online book shop (Swedish) and decided I was worth a gift after having passed a difficult exam. At the moment I haven't had time to use the deck or learn how to use it, I've just looked at the pictures. It seems interesting I have to say. The deck consists of 36 cards and is rather different from the traditional tarot deck. I think my deck is called Blue Owl.


Cards 1-18

Cards 19-36



Picture of Mlle Lenormand from: Wikipedia

Inga kommentarer: